Friday, October 22, 2010

My Setup

In response to the excellent comment from T.R. Donoghue, I think it reasonable to let you know what I am listening to the recordings on.

First off, I listen to the recordings digitally, as wave files.  I download them to my computer and then stream the audio to an airport express which is connected via an optical digital cable to my receiver. 

My receiver/amplifier is an Integra DTR-6.8.  It is a 7.1 receiver, however I run it as a 5.1.  The mains are Paradigm Audio Monitor 11 v.5's.  The center channel is a Paradigm Audio CC290.  The rears are Paradigm Audio ADP 390's.  The subwoofer is a Klipsch RW-10D.

I have used Monster Cabling throughout, however, I don't have a note as to what the type of Monster Cabling is. 

I hope that gives you some idea of my setup and why I choose the recordings I do.  As always, your mileage may vary, and I encourage you to submit comments on my reviews, positive or negative.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing that Chris, really helpful to know. Enjoy the rest of tour.

    ReplyDelete